Yesterday I left work a bit early and drove to Portland and stayed with some old friends of ours. I wanted to get a bit of a jump on today's drive. Thank God I did, because today's drive was long enough as it is.
I left Portland at 6:05 this morning. It was 31 degrees and all of the windows in the Audi needed to be scraped before I could get going (which is why I didn't get off at 6:00 as I had wanted to - and if you didn't know it before, now you know just how anal-retentive OCD-like I am about time.) I got to the hotel in Monterey at 5:05 this evening, just about 11 hours exactly after starting and 729 miles away. I didn't do much else but drive for that whole 11 hours; just took a bit of time to put gas in the car, pee a couple of times, and buy one grande Americano at the Starbucks right near my second gas stop about 50 miles east of San Francisco.
Tomorrow, we start Skip Barber's 3-day Mazdaspeed Racing school at Laguna Seca Raceway. This should be pretty exciting. I don't feel much like writing right now, I hope I'll add more tomorrow. I've brought my camera and will be taking pictures. Winter in this part of Cali is very pretty; everything is green and lush. By summertime it is all dead and brown/golden.
These are the things that interest me. If any of them are of interest to you, great. Read along
- Hoops: UW men solidly #1 in Pac-10 standings
- Racin': Skip Barber Day 3
- Raisin' Fish: Saturday Afternoon lookin' at fish f...
- Racin': Skip Barber Days 1 & 2
- Racin': Skip Barber School is tomorrow. Yippee!!!
- Readin': The Last Supper
- Raisin' Fish: A report mid-way through the process...
- Racin': Signed up for the Skip Barber Three day Ma...
- Readin': The Sharing Knife, Volume Three, Passage
- ▼ February (9)
- I'm currently 60 years old. I currently work as the learning management system specialist for American University of Madaba in Madaba, Jordan. I was originally certified as a high-school English teacher and taught school for 13 years (1 year of substituting, 1 year of 7th grade, 2 years of a combined 5th, 6th, 7th grade, 9 years of 8th grade). I've worked for hardware and software companies for the past 23 years doing training, training materials development, certification test development and other education related stuff. My wife and I have raised four children to adulthood; some of them live at home at the moment, but that won't last (they're too independent for that). We live at home with 2 Golden Retrievers, 2 black cats, a crazy cat, and, during the winter, 70,000 coho salmon.